Wednesday 22 September 2010

UCAS/ PROGRESSION

My personal SWOT Analysis

Strengths
My strengths include being able to complete and hand in work on deadlines and I make sure that I’am well organized so that I can complete the work, I’ am also able to work using computers which is an important skill in this day and age as 90% of work is done using a computer. I’ am also able to think up creative ideas when given a task to complete. The achievement that I’am most proud of is that whilst completing some work experience with the East Anglian Daily Times I was able to get some of the pictures I had taken published in an copy of the paper, which I view as my greatest achievement. Another strength I have is that I’am on time to all of my college lectures and this means that I don’t miss important information on different subjects.

Weaknesses
My weaknesses include not having a strong ability to work out mathematical questions although I do have some math’s knowledge. Another weakness I have is that I do not always work well under pressure because I get easily stressed about the quality of my work. One other weakness I have is that I don’t have a lot of confidence which can be sometimes a problem when approaching other people.

Opportunities
I think that I can work well with different opportunities such as new technology because I can quickly gather knowledge on how the new technology works which is an important skill to have as new technology is always being developed.

Threats
I do not currently face any threats in my workplace.



A list of my skills
I’ am able to work well with other people
I’am well organized
I’ am on time to all appointments
I know how to work using a computer
I have basic mathematical knowledge
I’am strong at both grammar and spelling
I hand my work in on deadlines

Action plan

This is a list of skills that I will need to achieve to work in my chosen creative industy:
1. To be able to take professional photographs.
2. To know how to change the amount of lighting in each picture.
3. To know how to take the picture from the best angle so as to get the best from the photograph.
4. To know how each part of the camera works so that if needed you can change the settings.
5. To know how to edit each photograph so that it looks professional.

Gap year research

Taking a gap year (also known as year abroad, year out, year off, deferred year, bridging year, time off and time out) refers to taking a year out of studying to do something else. Many people take a gap year before starting college or university, but it can be taken at any time.


China Tai Chi and Cultural Experience
Trip code: CHTC
Study with China’s expert masters and uncover the secrets of this ancient martial art. Hone your skills in two disciplines, cleanse your mind and absorb the fascinating local culture! You’ll also set off on a variety of day trips to explore the surrounding area including a trek through bamboo forests and a tour of the incredible Golden Lake!
Location: Fujian Province, China

Duration & Price: from £999.00.

Deposit: £195 (balance due 12 weeks prior to departure)
First Saturday of November 2010, please contact us for 2011 dates.
During your programme you will also set off on a range of adventurous and exciting trips:
Rafting through Shang Qing Stream - bamboo rafting through incredible scenery
Tour of the Golden Lake- a boat trip including stop-offs at caves, mountains and waterfalls
Trek through canyon and bamboo forest - a day trip trekking through amazing scenery
Temple stay at E Mei Fang - after a long half day you will visit a temple and stay overnight, enjoying an early morning tai chi session the following day
Trip to 9 Dragon Lagoon - bamboo rafting through water thought to have healing properties!
Visit to Taining ancient town - learn about local history as you visit the old homes of emperors and scholars
Trip to a Tea Shop -join a traditional Chinese tea ceremony
Excursion to the Geological museum



What's Included in the Price
Training from trained masters five days a week
Accommodation and three meals a day
Airport transfers
Day trips as stated
24-hour contact number for emergencies
Personal Online Account
Prices and Durations
China Tai Chi and Cultural Experience 4 weeks £999
Call 01892 516 164 or send an email to info@realgap.co.uk for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment